So I have gotten a little relaxed on updating the blog! I realized I still have Thanksgiving pictures to put up! So I'll go backwards and do Christmas first since it was the most recent!
Justin had a month off of school for Christmas so we drove 2 hours to Indiana and spent the first part of our vacation at his Uncle Matt and Aunt Julie's house with their family. We spent Christmas with them and had a blast! We still have yet to have a Christmas by ourselves with only our small family. Every year we seem to always be pulled to being with other family. One year we will have to put our foot down though!
We had our big dinner on Christmas Eve. Ribs, salad, twice baked potatoes, rolls, and homemade eggnog! It turned out delicious!
Christmas morning at the Maughan's! The stockings were placed under the chimney with care...It's hard to see, but on the left are the Santa gifts for all the kiddos! An Electric train for Emmett, Remote controled helicopter for Tim, Marshmallow gun bow and arrow for Porter, Barbies for Amelia, and a Tractor for Zayden.
Reinbeers under the poinsetta, all the stockings filled to overflowing! Stockings are my favorite part of Christmas!
Zayden loved his little mega block tractor! When all the kids came flooding down the stairs, they immediately all knew which toy was theirs. Zayden went straight for the tractor. Then Amelia after seeing her dolls, saw Zayden's tractor and tried to play with that. Zayden would not have it!
Zayden got his first real taste of chocolate. We figured since it was Christmas, a little splurging was ok. If you look closely, his mouth is covered in chocolate. He ate square after square of ghiradelli truffles and lindt chocolate truffles. He LOVED them!
After the excitement of Christmas morning and too much apple juice and chocolate, he came to snuggle with mommy with one last ferro roche chocolate and his new truck book. He got a sugar high and then crashed hard for his nap!

Christmas in San Antonio! We flew to Texas the day after Christmas to spend a week with my family. We thought if we flew in the evening, Zayden might sleep on the plane.Well, it was a disaster and I was so thankful that Justin was with me when we flew on this trip. We were supposed to get into San Antonio at 10 at night, but our flights got delayed so we didn't get in until midnight. Zayden was so fussy and did not want to be held on the plane. We had one of those life saving flight attendants that held out her arms to hold Zayden and he immediately stopped crying and went to her. She held his bear and let him walk up and down the aisle with her. He loved it and then was calmed down enough to drink some apple juice and pretzels. Later on the flight, we finally were able to get him to fall asleep in Justin's arms for the last hour of the flight. I just don't have the room for him on my lap anymore! It is so hard to hold him and not kill my arms or tummy because he's getting so big and so am I!
We had a second Christmas morning with my parents! Zayden was such a stud! We did figure out that at this age, if you get too many gifts, they just get overloaded and don't realize everything! He was definitely spoiled by Gramma and Grampa and Matt and Julie! It's so much more fun to buy for your child then it is for you or your spouse! :) Zayden came out like a bandit!
Zayden is almost 18 months now and doing great! 21 lbs and getting bigger! He's getting his second set of molars in and teething really bad so the pacifier is still in play. We can't seem to get rid of it yet.
Christmas at the Thomas home!
Zayden's eyes lit up when he found a lightening McQueen car and Mater truck. He carried those cars around the entire week walking around the house saying "Car". His favorite phrase is "Here's a car, there's a car!" Over and over again! He likes to say it when he's sitting in his car seat looking out the window!
Zayden got a leap frog book that reads to him and he loves it! (As long as cars are in his hands)
My dad with the elf hat! We were all finished opening presents and he still had a stack wrapped gifts!
Zayden got a sing-a-ma-jig! He got one from my aunt when we came down for Marshall's reception. That's where he learned the phrase "night night" and now we have another we can harmonize with. Plus this one looks a little bit more manly than the purple girly one we have. He loves these toys!
Family picture Christmas 2012. Both Justin and me got a wonderfully soft blanket! I was always snuggling in it!
Zayden found the Christmas pup and was carrying it around constantly holding it to his face and snuggling it. He loves soft things! I love this picture, he is looking like such a studly little boy instead of a baby! I can't believe I have a year and a half year old! Originally I thought he looked like me, but I think he is developing more features that look like Justin. I am glad, I would love all my boys to look like Justin! However, Zayden does have the Thomas rosy cheeks! He sure has captured my heart!
Dad and Sam relaxing on Christmas morning! Surprisingly it was cold in San Antonio. I brought my swimsuit thinking I would have a chance to swim, ha! It was just as cold as Illinois. The fireplace was usually filled with a fire!
We spent a lot of time hitting our favorite restaurants and fun sight seeing places. One of our favorites was Natural Bridge Caverns!
Showing off the baby bump in the caverns!
Zayden wanted to run and run after we got out of the caverns but it was rainy and when he fell he got all wet. So Justin picked him up...Justin style. :) Zayden just laughed.
Also went to the Alamo and downtown San Antonio. They have an enormous Texas Christmas tree that has different symbols of Texas. Pretty fun!
Mom and Dad at the Alamo. It was cold that day!
We had a lot of fun visiting a lot of Texas historic sights and fun places!
We got back to Indiana at Matt and Julie's yesterday and will head home tomorrow! It's been a very long vacation! We have loved all of it but will be glad to get back to regular life in Champaign, Illinois!
Pregnacy update: 29 weeks and doing great! I have one last monthly appt and then I am down to the mark where I go to the doctor every two weeks! I can't believe I am to that point already. This pregnancy has gone by so quickly! I am due in about 10 1/2 weeks! Heartburn and charlie horses are a daily occurrences now. Long bubble baths, muscle relaxant, and tylenol are my best buds right now for controlling the back and hip pain that are worse with this pregnancy. I am as big as I was full term with Zayden and I still have more time to go. But baby girl is healthy and growing strong! So I guess I can't complain.
I think that's it for this Christmas post! I'll be catching up and putting more pictures up soon!







No comments:
Post a Comment