About the Maughan's

My photo
My name is Morgan and I am a stay-at-home mom and proud of it! I am married to the most wonderful man on earth! Justin and I have been married for 6 years and have lived in Idaho, Montana,Illinois, and are currently in Iowa for Graduate school. Our son Zayden is 3 years old and is 100% American boy! Cars, trucks, tractors, and balls are the highlights of his days.We have an energetic little girl, Zoey and angel baby Evelyn.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 1, 2014


So it’s been a LONG time since I wrote anything about our family. I have been incredibly busy with two jobs, my church calling (Primary President), family reunions, having a baby, and being a mom all the time! Needless to say, finding some quiet time when all kids are sleeping and I’m not sleeping too is pretty rare! But Justin made a comment last night that stuck to me today. I was busy planning our ward Christmas party which is this Friday and he came over to the computer and said it’s time to stop. And he took my papers and clipboards and turned them face down and took my hand so we could have some time to catch up with each other. He was right, it was time to stop and slow down what I am doing every day. So here I am, all kids are napping and I am doing something that destresses me and is a way to actually express all the good emotions and memories down and help me remember the joy in the journey, not just the destination.  What actually prompted me was my shower deep thinking. A lot of pondering  goes on behind my quiet, nonjudgmental shower curtain.  Originally it began with sending a facebook plea to all moms asking for advice on how to get your kids to get along! How to stop everything from being a fight. I was thinking about those days way back when, when I only had one child and he would wake up from bed time so happy and ready to eat anything and then play! Go down for naps, and wake up happy and eat some more and play! Go to bed happy and full and sleep all night, and I would wonder how I was so blessed with a special boy! Now it seems wake up in the morning is still happy, but it’s a fight to get both kids to eat nutritious meals and to be full. Then the cycle begins, not full enough and then fight with each other to play with toys, cry because they are tired and hungry. Try to feed them more and they only eat enough to sustain them to the next hour. Then fight for naps, mom gets peace and quiet for about 2 hours and then wake up is early and the hunger cycle continues. Only wants to eat pancakes, pb & j sandwiches, or yogurt or junk food. So the crying continues.  Bed time is a fight for 2 hours.  What happened to the fun play times and building towers and riding motorcycle toys through the house? Where is the joy in the journey rather than enduring each day?
That was how my thoughts began in the shower. But then I realized I have wonderful kids with enthusiastic and creative minds. They are energetic and curious and helpful. And then when I start looking at my picture roll on my phone, I can see all the GREAT times we had and see that I have a wonderful life. I have 3 beautiful children that are healthy.  I have a husband who has a great job and works so we can have an easier life. I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and the atonement that can be applied to all those many times I am not successful being the calm, loving mom I should be. I know why I am here on earth and what I’m supposed to do. My life has purpose and I am trying every day to be successful and improve myself and my family.  So this post is not about the things that make my life more difficult, it’s about the things that make my life so wonderful.


So to start out with, we are a family of 5! That is still so crazy to say. Justin and I will celebrate our 6 year anniversary this month and we have three beautiful kiddos! Zayden who turned 3 in July, Zoey turned 1 in April, and Evelyn, our newest addition was born in August.  Zayden…oh my little mini Justin.  He is still 100% pure boy! Trains, trucks, police cars, Curious George, Fireman Sam, Dusty Crophopper, and Lightening McQueen. These are all words used frequently in his vocabulary and play time! He also loves singing The Itsy Bitsy Spider…again and again and again. Of course other favorites are Scripture Power, ABC’s, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, 5 Little Pumpkins. So onto the season of Christmas songs! Bring it on! Maybe he will change his favorite songs! Zayden is in preschool now and LOVES it. Making crafts and displaying them on our wall is quite the adventure. He also loves going to the library and reading books, and playing with the train sets. He’s my handful right now and I am working on ways to channel his energy and curiosity to help encourage building and creating instead of destroying which I have found out is what kids do when they are bored!

Zoey my little tornado! She earned the nickname “Zoeyzilla” a long time ago. She rampages through Zayden’s train tracks and destroys the tracks and then runs off laughing. She is quite the tormentor to Zayden. But she is so loving when she chooses to be. She is the first to say I’m sorry and give a person a hug if anyone has wronged another person. But her temper reminds me of me. I’m in for a lot of work with her. She is my avid reader. Bringing me book after book she loves to turn and feel the book pages and see everything. I am so glad my children inherited my love of books.  Right now we are reading “The Mitten” by Jan Brett and they love all the animals and pictures. One of my favorite children’s books.  Zoey is my little princess of dress up. She loves shoes and necklaces. She watches me apply makeup and get ready and she copies me frequently.  It’’ll be fun to teach her to be girly and confident.


Evelyn, My Evie angel. She is perfect. By far my best sleeper and so happy. She does hate the carseat but when she is on the ground or being held or in a swing, she loves life. The older two love to kiss and play with her and we are working on being soft with her. But she loves their faces right in front of hers. She giggles and talks and is so strong and healthy. She has already begun to roll over.  She captivates anyone who holds her. Heavenly Father really gave me a blessing of an easy child right now.
Some stats: 4 months old
-Eating every 2 hours in the day, one feeding at night. 
-Goes to bed at 9ish and sleeps until 8 am
-Teething already! 
-Rolls from back to tummy (sometimes)
-Fists are always in her mouth! 
Wearing 3-6 month clothes and some 6 month! 



Justin and I are doing well! Justin is busy with school and harvesting and his calling as a member of the High Council in the church. Traveling almost every Sunday makes church difficult for me but we are blessed. It’s wonderful to have him home and the kids go running to him yelling “Daddy!” He is loved by all in our home.  Me, well I choose to make my life busy I guess. I can’t stand having nothing to do at home so I plan parties and sell jewelry and go to other events. I am learning to slow myself down and not take so much on my plate.  But we are loving life in Boone, IA. Never thought I’d say that but we have great friends and a great life! Just learning to love the individual days and not just the overall experience here!

 Justin crashes a lot from all his busy work! It's tough to be tough!


Over the summer we had family reunions up at the ranch in Montana. We’ve had a crawfish boil for Zoey’s birthday, we’ve seen Thomas the Train, Evelyn was born so we had family here for her baby blessing! Halloween and Thanksgiving were all wonderful! We have been blessed with so much!  

We've had several birthdays! Justin had a surprise camping trip!
 Zayden had a pool party! 
Zoey had a crawfish boil! DELICIOUS! We will definetely do that again!


 My birthday we played laser tag and went bowling and stayed out way too late!



No comments:

Post a Comment