Touch a Truck Day in Champaign, Illinois
Today was a blast! The Champaign park district sponsored a Touch a Truck day where anyone could come touch, sit in, take picture, and talk to professionals of all sorts of kinds of vehicles! There was a firetruck, ambulance, police car, swat van, limo, race car, radio station truck, tow trucks and much much more! They were giving out free marble slab creamery ice cream, pepsi samples, candy, watermelon and other stuff to everyone. Mostly it was for kids but even the adults had a great time. I went with my friend Megan and had an amazing time with her and Jacob, her 2 1/2 month son. Zayden had a little bit of a rough afternoon and I'm not sure why. We got a few shots with him not looking irritable! :)
Me & Zayden, Megan & Jacob, Emiley and Josie
This contraption flies! There is a parachute that attaches to the back and it flies. I don't know if I would ever be brave enough to try it though. Not enough walls...but Zayden liked the straps of course.
The youngest driver in the state of Illinois. I wish I could look that good in my driver's license picture!
Keeping Zayden's hat on his head has never been a problem...until now. He's discovered that it is not attached to his head and it can become the best chew toy. So it was a struggle either keeping a hat on his head or keeping him in the stroller with the shade over him from getting sunburned. It was very sunny today and I didn't put sunscreen on his head because I thought he would always be covered. This will teach me for next time!
As pointed out in the last picture, hats were not a good idea today. But how can a mom resist putting her baby in a junior fireman's hat?
Zayden needs to take lessons from Jacob about keeping hats on the head.
After the fiasco with the hats, Zayden found a puppy! This is the firemen's dalmation. Zayden loved her! And she was so sweet with all the kids.
Look mom, I found another strap! Zayden's love for straps and dog leashes is quite powerful. He can have a room full of toys but he will get instantly sidetracked when there is a strap in sight.
He was so sad when the puppy decided to stretch out some place else.
This was the first time I have seen a firetruck up close. Pretty cool because the other night when Justin and Zayden were both camping, Megan and I watched the movie Fireproof about a fireman. It was neat to see things up close!
Zayden's new trick is pulling himself up to standing and holding himself up. The truck's foot stool seemed the perfect height for this.
Megan and Jacob! He was fantastic today!
Zayden's first school bus! Mommy looks too happy for this to be a first day of school! ;)
Mr. Tough Guy thinks he's ready to go solo.
Firetrucks, school buses, tow trucks, and dogs he can handle. The police are scary!
SWAT Morgan, Megan, Zayden, and Jacob!
Watch out Momma, here comes the SWAT Captain!
Helmet - check, Gun-check, Baby in Charge - check
If becoming a fireman, policeman, or trucker doesn't work, I can always become a race car driver! As if Momma would need another reason to worry!
Daddy was particularly proud of this picture. Hoping Zayden would get into the farming or large equipment like him. Zayden was very interested in this backhoe.
Look Mom, I'm standing again! One day I will be able to climb these steps!
Overall, we had a blast! After exploring everything we went out for frozen custard. Pina Coloda frozen custard is AMAZING! I'm now hooked. Look for future adventures! We'll be going camping in Wisconsin for Memorial Day Weekend! Primitive camping...meaning we get to hike to our campsite. :) I'm sure there will be plenty of stories!

fix.jpg)



















No comments:
Post a Comment