About the Maughan's

My photo
My name is Morgan and I am a stay-at-home mom and proud of it! I am married to the most wonderful man on earth! Justin and I have been married for 6 years and have lived in Idaho, Montana,Illinois, and are currently in Iowa for Graduate school. Our son Zayden is 3 years old and is 100% American boy! Cars, trucks, tractors, and balls are the highlights of his days.We have an energetic little girl, Zoey and angel baby Evelyn.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

9 Months and Camping


Zayden hit 9 months on April 30!  He is a crawling machine now. We have our baby play yard that we use to quarantine certain areas. For example, keeping him out of the dog food or in a particular room that we are in. The gate has been a life saver! He has a fondness for cords and shoes now. Whenever there is a cord in site he army crawls to it and sticks it in his mouth and crawls around like a puppy carrying a toy. It's pretty funny.  Plastic balls are another love of his life. If a little tantrum is coming, usually the ball can pacify it for a while. He's an extremely easy baby and such a joy to us!  As for some stats:

Weight: 17 lbs 14.5 oz
Height: 27 1/4  inches

*Goes to bed at 7 and sleeps until about 8 am.  When he wakes up he is so happy and loves to play! This is his favorite place to go first thing in the morning. Justin will go grab Zayden out of his bed and bring him to me to say good morning. Zayden will smile so big then crawl over to the window and see what's going on outside. This is our view :)


* Takes between 2-3 naps a day. 
* Drinks 3 - 6 oz bottles and eats about 4 jars of baby food per day
*Has begun giving hugs when he is passed to either mommy or daddy
* He is always smiling. He charms every woman in stores when I go shopping. 
Daddy was having fun making Zayden look like a clown. We found a  piece of foam from packaging and thought it would be a fun toy. Well Daddy thought Zayden would love a hat made from that foam...oh boy. 
 Mommy and Daddy like to play Settlers of Catan, and Zayden has decided that he is old enough to learn. Zayden is getting into EVERYTHING!
 Zayden has begun sleep crawling. We put him on his back to sleep but he rolls over onto his tummy and up on his knees and starts rocking back and forth making little noises. Then he crashes on his tummy. He loves the blue blanket that Aunt Melissa made for him. That blanket will usually calm him at night. I have such a good sleeper!
Daddy put Zayden on a saddle at a Western Shop and Zayden thought it was amazing! In another year he will be roping and riding like a pro on Nanny and Papa's new ranch.

Zayden can now pull himself up to standing and loves to dig through his toy box. You can tell he's digging because he's on  his tip toes. He gets so frustrated when he can't get the exact toy he wants. :)



Father Son Camp Out!
Justin took Zayden camping for the Stake Father Son Camp out. Zayden was by far, the YOUNGEST camper! Justin is a natural outdoorsman so I wasn't concerned at all. Justin is a great daddy and knows all the ins and outs of being outside.  Zayden did fantastic! He cried a bit at night before falling asleep, Justin thinks he missed me and was wondering why Mommy wasn't putting him to sleep. I will accept that answer. It's nice to feel missed and appreciated.  
I had a girl's night with one of my girl friends and her 2 1/2 month old son. We watched The Vow, Fireproof, and My Best Friend's Wedding and made truffle filled red velvet cupcakes from scratch! It was so yummy and we stayed up until after 2 am! I felt young again. I had a fantastic night and it was much needed.  But I have to admit, at first I felt free but I missed my boys. I missed sleeping with my husband and holding my baby.  It was an achy feeling.  We'll see what happens the next time Justin takes Zayden on an overnight! 





 



Justin and Zayden had a great evening! They shared an air mattress and had a blast with the other guys. But I am glad to have my boys back home! My home feels so much better with them here. I didn't realize how much of a difference they made in the home. These are those eye opening times that make you realize how lucky and blessed you are. I am very thankful to have my family.  Families are Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment