About the Maughan's

My photo
My name is Morgan and I am a stay-at-home mom and proud of it! I am married to the most wonderful man on earth! Justin and I have been married for 6 years and have lived in Idaho, Montana,Illinois, and are currently in Iowa for Graduate school. Our son Zayden is 3 years old and is 100% American boy! Cars, trucks, tractors, and balls are the highlights of his days.We have an energetic little girl, Zoey and angel baby Evelyn.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Family & My Little Man

Family! This was our family picture at Christmas time with all of Justin's family before we all dispersed to different parts of the U.S. Of course, Zayden is the only one not looking at the camera! True western family with the Wrangler shirts! The gorgeous females of the family! Rachael, Elizabeth, Jennifer, moi, Momma, and Melissa!And the handsome studs of the Maughan Clan - Nathan, Chris, Aaron, Justin, Jeff, and Dad.

Zayden is almost 7 months old! He's growing a little mohawk and in my mind the cutest little man ever! Some stats - he's rolling all over the floor! Back to front, front to back all the way across the floor. If he was a dancer, he would get lots of points for making good use of space on the dance floor! I can put him down on his tummy and set a toy across the room and he will roll until he gets to it!

To his new milestone! Baby food! Three words to describe that, CAN'T GET ENOUGH!

This is his old high chair! The Bumbo chair! He loves his chair! He knew when he sat in it, it was dinner time! A big smile, spit out the pacifier, and some short excited screams later and his mouth would be full of sweet potatoes, apples, pears, prunes, etc! He loves it!

We learned that we couldn't keep his hands out of his mouth and then we couldn't keep his hands off his pants so we had to strip him down to a onesie to get the least amount of clothing soiled!







Look at that big smile! Even with carrots all over his face, he's still adorable!











Introducing the new high chair! The other night after dinner, I was wiping off his face and hands, then took his bowl and spoon over to the sink to do the dishes and I had made some chocolate covered strawberries. I realized I had left them within arm's reach of Zayden and became worried that he would grab one and either throw it or start to gnaw on it. Well, I turned around to see what he was doing and he had turned the opposite direction and was reaching for a new toy Daddy had brought home! He tried so hard that he flipped himself out of the bumbo and landed on the table and started sliding for the floor! It scared me to death and I screamed and ran over to catch him! I caught him in time and is more scared him than did any physical damage! I started to cry and yelled to Justin who was in the other room, "That's it! We're buying a high chair! It scared me so badly and cried because I felt like a horrible mother! And I was so worried about my strawberries! Teach me to get my priorities straight!
So the next day I went out to a baby store and bought our brand new high chair that I love! It's perfect for small apartments. It folds up very small and doesn't take up one of our few chairs to our table. We can put it away after each feeding and he loves the height and sitting in it! Easy to clean, easy to adjust, very comfy and very affordable! We love the Chicco brand! That's practically everything we own. The infant carseat, the pack and play, and now a high chair! Love it! Speaking of Chicco, this is his little room! It's all the room we have for anything right now. We are in a two-bedroom so Zayden's room is his room/office/sewing room/guest room/whatever else we need it to be! So he gets a little corner of it right now! Most of his stuff we have to keep in boxes because there is no room! How sad!Also in an earlier post I said Justin built some shelves in the room to hold all our boxes that hold stuff we need, just not stuff we need everyday. Here's a piece of his craftsmanship! I finally caught "The Pout" on camera! That's his "Mommy, I want some attention or can I please get some nummy food in my belly" face! It melts me! Day After Valentine's Day Festivities! I decorated our room with balloons to surprise Justin when he came back from his conference and Zayden decided that balloons are AWESOME! He found every balloon and got tangled up in every string! He would tug on them and watch the balloons bounce! It was his first exposure to balloons and I would say they were a hit! He is always so happy! He has his not so fun faces when he's hungry or his teeth hurt, but overall he is a very happy baby!And that is my little adventure for this past week! A little bit of picture bragging! I guess that's a must for everyone who likes to see my little man, or maybe it's just a proud mommy. Who knows what this next week will bring!

1 comment:

  1. He's just so stinkin' cute! I love his facial expressions and I love the new shelves you put in his little bedroom corner.

    ReplyDelete