About the Maughan's

My photo
My name is Morgan and I am a stay-at-home mom and proud of it! I am married to the most wonderful man on earth! Justin and I have been married for 6 years and have lived in Idaho, Montana,Illinois, and are currently in Iowa for Graduate school. Our son Zayden is 3 years old and is 100% American boy! Cars, trucks, tractors, and balls are the highlights of his days.We have an energetic little girl, Zoey and angel baby Evelyn.
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love is...

When you find yourself without your sweetheart on Valentine's Day, it makes you reflect on everything you have experienced together. From the moment you set eyes on each other, to that first kiss, to the image of looking into the mirrors symbolizing eternity, to that moment where you have your first child and tears are streaming down both sets of eyes. You realize that this is the person that you chose to spend your happy moments with, your sad moments, your trying moments, and all those in between moments that come into daily life. I realized that when I prayed 4 years ago if he was the right man for me, that when my answer came, I never had to question my answer again. I knew with that assurance that I had made at least 1 perfect decision in my whole life. That has been a comfort for me all these years, that I may regret or ask "what if" to other previous actions, but this one decision I could have peace about.

I decided today since it's just Zayden and I at home that I could go through some of our pictures and find out what Love really is to me. I found pictures I loved taking and looking at over and over again. This is our history, the love of the Maughansters.


Love is spending an entire day snowshoeing, building a snow cave, and because your sweethear got cold, you build a bonfire to warm her up.Love is scaring your darling half to death on a 4-wheeler and then grabbing her tightly to let you know that you care and you will always be there to protect her.
Love is attending your girlfriend's church functions even when you have your own to go to.Love is finding that one person who will work beside you throughout your lives together. That person will teach you and guide you to become the best person possible.Love is not being afraid to look grungy and dirty with the one person you are always trying to impress.Love is searching the world for that little oasis of happiness.Love is finding the man that will lift you up and never let you fall!Love is finding your soul mate and never letting him go!Love is finding the person that you fit perfectly in their arms.Love is finding True Love's Kiss that will melt any pain, mend any hurt, and make every fairy tale love end with a Happily Ever After.Love is stopping time and everything disappears except for you and the one you are meant to spend eternity with.Love is binding yourself to your spouse in the temple of the Lord where you know because you made that choice, you will be with each other for eternity, not just "til death do us part".Love is spending the rest of your lives together legally and lawfully wed bound together as husband and wife.Love is finding that a year after you were married, you still look and feel like newlyweds.Love is finding joy in the journey and loving all of God's creations.Love is finding that dance partner who will dance the last dance with you every time.For those of you who know the story of how Lexus became a part of our family, Love is finding a way to make a terrible loss bearable and a stepping stone to better times.Love is having a baby growing inside of you and knowing that your spouse will be there through it all and you will not have to go through anything alone.Love is that first moment when you hold your child and realize that Love means more than anything you ever imagined. Love is a four letter word that means so much.Love is being with every member of your small family and realizing there is nothing else you need.Love is at home at the Maughan's.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great post! You guys are so great together and Zayden is SO cute! Hope life is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete