About the Maughan's

My photo
My name is Morgan and I am a stay-at-home mom and proud of it! I am married to the most wonderful man on earth! Justin and I have been married for 6 years and have lived in Idaho, Montana,Illinois, and are currently in Iowa for Graduate school. Our son Zayden is 3 years old and is 100% American boy! Cars, trucks, tractors, and balls are the highlights of his days.We have an energetic little girl, Zoey and angel baby Evelyn.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Seven Months and Swimming!

Zayden has hit the big SEVEN MONTHS!
Some stats: Zayden Maughan
Weight: 16 pounds 6.5 oz
Length: 26 1/2 inches
For his percentiles, he's in between 25% and 50%. Sadly, I think my little man is going to be my size. I was hoping Justin's genes would kick in and he would be a six-footer but I think he's going to be in the shorter side. He now has two teeth and is constantly chewing on his fingers. His favorite teething toy is a stress ball. One of those foam things you squeeze in your hands to work your hand muscles. Justin brought back one from his conference in the shape of the United States and Zayden has declared that his teether! He is rolling from back to front and front to back all over our living room! He'll wind up all the way across the floor if we don't watch him! It's pretty amazing to watch! He is sleeping all the way through the night. From 7 to 6ish, he'll nurse then go back to bed for another hour or two. It's fantastic! He is eating about 4-5 jars of baby food a day and loving it! This has been the most fun stage he's been at so far! I love my little Zayden.
Zayden loves it when Daddy plays airplane with him and Lexus thinks they are both playing with her! So in the end, they all end up smiling and laughing! I love Zayden's laugh. Sometimes in the morning, that's how he wakes up! We'll hear that little giggle from our bedroom and know he's awake! He's so fun at this age! We love our little man!
He is finally starting to look like he's filling up the high chair! He has gotten to the point when he gets put into the high chair, he knows food is coming! His pacifier get spit out and the screaming begins until food is in his mouth! This picture is how happy he is after he gets baby food! Look at that enormous smile!
Look at those long legs!

Since there was no February 30, his 7- month birthday was either on leap day or today, March 1st! For this exciting occasion we started a Mommy/Baby Swim class. Zayden and I hit the water running on Monday and Wednesday nights for the next month. 1 week down and boy was it a hit. Zayden though the water was fantastic!
It was Zayden's second time in the water so here is some of the pictures to compare from the first time he went swimming at 4 months old.We were at a hotel in Palmyra, New York and the water was a little cooler than I would have liked it to be. Zayden couldn't be in the water too long because he was shivering. He did like the water but wasn't sure about the temperature.

This time, the water was about 80 degrees and fun! There are four other moms in the class with me. Zayden is not the youngest but certainly the smallest and the most brave when it came to being in the water! We discovered that water is his element! He absolutely loves kicking his legs and being up to his neck in the water. He didn't like being dunked though!
The teacher gave us all a foam block for our kids to kick their legs and swim after. Once Zayden got it in his hands, it was hard to get it away from him
He enjoyed laying on my legs and kicking the water!
Look at those rings! He loved playing with that in the shallow end.
The teacher tied a noodle to him and he floated his away across the pool! I could hold his fingers and he would kick his way around the pool.

The noodle was definitely one of the highlights. Who woulda thunk?

I have no idea how many other kids have chewed on that foam block.But add Zayden and the rest of the kids in the class to that list!
He worked hard for that block and he was not letting that go! His prized possession.


He was a little speedboat kicking his legs while on his tummy. Some of the other babies were not so fond of the water but not Zayden! As soon as we put him on his tummy he knew what to do!
I think I was smiling in this one because he kept tooting bubbles in his swim trunks and he was completely unaware of it! It made me laugh though because I could see the bubbles!
He didn't like being on his back. He made a very concerned face whenever I flipped him to float on his back.
You can't see the foam block but that's where Zayden is headed! Kicking his legs with all his might to go get that block!
I put him on the side to see if he would fall into my arms and get in the water but he saw the rings and the noodles and decided those colorful toys were much more enticing than me.
The rest of the class!
Zayden found himself a little girlfriend. This little girl's name is Scarlett and is 6 months old and several pounds larger than Zayden. But they like to grab each other's faces!

Sorry for the picture dump! Ask any mom to try and choose which pictures she doesn't want to show off of her child. It's so hard to choose! Believe me, there were several I didn't put on! :) Oh and I am only bragging about Zayden with all those pictures, I'm not proud of myself in a swimsuit right now. Motherhood really does change your body! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun class! I would love something like that! Your little Zayden is such a cute, smiley little guy!

    ReplyDelete