About the Maughan's

My photo
My name is Morgan and I am a stay-at-home mom and proud of it! I am married to the most wonderful man on earth! Justin and I have been married for 6 years and have lived in Idaho, Montana,Illinois, and are currently in Iowa for Graduate school. Our son Zayden is 3 years old and is 100% American boy! Cars, trucks, tractors, and balls are the highlights of his days.We have an energetic little girl, Zoey and angel baby Evelyn.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Dance and Zayden's First Tooth!

My stress is over! We had our ward Valentine's Party last night and I was in charge of decorating! I was stressed to the max trying to figure out how to decorate a huge gym for a dance! I was at the church from 10-4 and then back at 5:30 for the party! I was so worried that I wouldn't have the help I needed to set up my vision! But the Lord heard my prayers and I had more help that I imagined would come! I was truly blessed! The party was a big success! Besides only having half the amount of people we expected, the people who came had a great time! We had a dance in the gym, yummy refreshments, and games in another room. I learned a new game called Guillotine and I loved it! Justin and I want to add this game to our collection! You collect noble men and women's heads from the French Revolution. (It is a card game and it sounds a bit gruesome but it's fun to play!) I was supposed to make my family's famous Mormon Champagne, but forgot until midnight the night before! So I ended up getting strawberry lemonade, spiking it with Sprite and dicing up strawberries to float on top! Yummy and festive looking! I took a few pictures with my phone, so the quality isn't the best but you can get the idea!

This was the overall panoramic view of the gym! We strung lights across the gym with sparkly hearts hanging from it at different levels. There were 7 tables and the back three had food, drinks, and love pictures.

This was our Lover's Lane table. We had pictures from couples in our ward before they were married. So we had some dating, some engagement, and some wedding pictures from lots of families! It was fun to see how much they have changed!

Next we have the walls. The side walls had some really fun glittery floral stuff we found under the stage for Stake activities! And then of course you have to
have the cut out valentine hearts on the wall! Some of them had conversation stuff on them like "U R Sweet, I Luv U" That kind of thing.


Then we have the tables. I forgot to take pictures before people showed up so this is one of the tables at the end of party! No telling who had eaten and shifted things at the table! I had some love books in the center. These were books on how to strengthen your marriage or ways to say I love you to your spouse. That kind of thing. We had some beautiful red flowers, little containers of Valentine colored M&Ms and then Hershey kisses. There was some heart confetti and little red heart paper doilies. All sorts of fun!


Last but not least, I noticed today that Zayden's first tooth is actually showing and about ready to burst through his gums! Woo Hoo! For teething, he is actually doing really well! I can't complain! I have had a wonderful baby. Justin says that I am
spoiled! I tried for about 30 minutes in Home Depot while Justin was shopping for wood to build another shelf in our office to get him to open up to get a shot of this tooth! Every time I think I would get it, he would throw his tongue down at the last second! I have a lot of wasted pictures on my camera that I am going to have to delete! But Victory at last and I got what I was going for! Now I have to get it with my good camera! He smiled for me and let me stick my fingers into his mouth! His teeth are coming! The bottom one on the left is the most dominant right now. His right one is not too far behind him! I can't believe my little baby is almost a little boy! They do really grow up fast!
Well, I think that's it for today! Justin and I had a pretty stress free day today. We needed it! We rented Breaking Dawn for our date movie tonight! I'm pretty excited! We'll see what Justin has to say... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment